Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Mothers Legacy


The greatest thing that we can pass onto our children isn’t a stock portfolio, riches or wealth. While these things make our temporal lives better & there is nothing wrong with having them, there is something far greater; our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ! As we celebrate Mother's I am grateful to God for my Grandmother Ora & my Mother Mitzi. They instilled in me a deposit of faith that is still growing today. It was my Mother who led me into a place where I experience Jesus Christ as my Savior & Lord. I will never forget as I was baptized in the Holy Spirit how God’s presence invaded my life & forever changed me. Because of her faith & commitment to God, now my Children will have a sincere faith that they can pass onto to their children someday (Thanks Mom!). This is a Mother’s greatest legacy! I want to encourage all you Mothers & Grandmothers and the single Moms. You may not be able to give your Kid’s everything they want in life but you can make a deposit in them that will forever change them. God may have entrusted to you a future Doctor that will discover the cure for Cancer. You may be spending time with a future Hall of famer or the future President of the United States! Don’t limit the greatness of your children based on where you are in life now. There is greatness on the inside of you & it’s waiting to get out of you & into them! Remember your faith can be passed down from generation to generation to generation. Thank you to all the Moms who are laboring to leave a legacy that is changing our world for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment